Sunday 9 February 2014

Philip Kingsley 'One more day' dry shampoo


Hi everyone!

So today I've got another product review for you, of the only dry shampoo I've ever liked. If you've watched a couple of my YouTube videos you may know that I have a strange issue with the smells of dry shampoos. Basically, I hate the smell of them all, I find them fake and too sickly sweet and I don't enjoy smelling that on my hair all day.

I received the Philip Kingsley 'One more day' dry shampoo in my Glamour 'Best in beauty' box and strangely, it was probably my favourite thing in there. When I first saw it, I didn't think that much of it, it was definitely the rest of the box I was most excited for. I don't see dry shampoo as a product that's going to make me look or feel nice, but more as a kind of boring maintenance product. Little did I know, I would go on to fall in love with it.

Firstly, to actually enjoy the smell of a dry shampoo was like a long awaited miracle. I cannot explain the smell at all, I have no idea so you'll have to go and give it a sniff. It's not fruity, sweet or sickly it's just a lovely muted kinda smell. It also doesn't hang about all day like most dry shampoos which smell totally overpowering. So that's where I actually got a bit excited and thought, oh I might actually like this product.

Onto the actual performance of the product, it is honestly amazing. It does exactly what it's supposed to and makes your hair feel fresh and clean, whilst also adding a bit of volume, without any of the bad side effects of all the others I've tried. I've always found that with other dry shampoos such as Batiste or Superdrug, you're left with a white residue and a slightly sticky, slightly matted feeling in your hair.

This does all the good stuff with none of the bad stuff. My hair feels refreshed and clean, whilst also still light, not weighed down and like I've barely got anything in it. If you felt the hair you would know there's a product in there, but it's not totally heavy and built up and yucky. It is just so light and naturally volumised.

Now this isn't the cheapest product, with the full size 200ml coming in at £13.50, but if you're an avid dry shampoo user or suffer with oily hair, this is so worth it. To be honest, as much as I've fallen in love with it, I wouldn't purchase the full size version. I don't get oily hair and barely ever need to use a dry shampoo, for me it's a once in a while kinda thing so it just wouldn't be worth it. But if you do use it often and are after a nice quality version, or maybe you have an issue with the scents like me, this really is a lovely product.

You can buy it from Look Fantastic or Feel Unique, full size being £13.50 and 50ml at £5.95

Do you hate the smells of dry shampoos? Do you like more expensive dry shampoos? Or are you happy with high street versions?

Emily xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment